Monday, January 4, 2010

Scooters, Vacation, and Welcome to Blogging


Okay--blogging.

I have always been secretly jealous of people that blog, and even more jealous of people that blog well. Why? Because it is awesome! How have I not done this sooner? I really have no idea. Let me see...I love writing, trying to be funny, talking about myself...Yep, this is perfect for me. Hmm...


So. This being my first blog and all, I guess I need to talk about something important. Guess what that is? Books. So I have basically read one book every day since Christmas. But now I'm out of new books. My solution? Re-read the books I just read. Yep. I'm going to start as soon as I'm done here. Oh, the beauty of month-long vacation.


I just looked down the page and saw some example of "labels for this post: e.g. scooters, vacation, fall." That really worked out for me, because Andy and I happened to get a scooter/moped thing for Christmas. We only have one car, and him working full-time and me going to school full-time is hard to manage with only one car. We got creative, though. Despite the cold weather, sometimes Andy would drop me off with my bike. I was usually okay with this solution-we really don't live THAT far away from the school. Or if he had to be at work at seven, but I didn't have school until 9ish, but Andy needs the car...then I get dropped off at the gym at 6:30. I don't do the gym at 6:30 am. It just doesn't work for me. I'm a puker, ladies and gentlemen. I puke all the time. Just being up that early makes me ultra close to puking. There is something so unholy about being up that early. I know this isn't true for everyone; for me, it is.


Andy has an amazing job. Did you know that? He really does. He works for a company called A.W.A.R.E. Inc...it is a HUGE corporation. Tons of employees, tons of different settings...Andy works in a small setting. Him and his coworkers work with three autistic boys. Basically he is a special education teacher that works one-on-one, in a nonschool setting. These boys are all low-functioning. So it's a challenge. Some days he has to change diapers, some days he gets attacked with a hoola-hoop (true story), but it is a GREAT, rewarding job.


Anyways, I think I'm done here. I promise my other blogs will be more interesting (I promise to attempt to make them more interesting). Or at least topical. Oh, happy New Year? I don't even really know what people mean by that...? People love new beginnings; I guess that's mainly the charm behind January 1st. I love new beginnings, too. That's why I'm interested in Jesus.


Until later....


2 comments:

  1. So getting up early in the morning makes you... squeamish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How dare you say that word....How dare you.

    But yes.

    ReplyDelete